Saturday, January 15, 2005

First Post


Steven has been my savior. He loves me and treats me better than most people in my life. He always puts me before himself and others.

I just wanted that to be my first words in this blog.

Over time, I'll contradict this phrase, but it's the truth. We'll disagree, but the basic thought is the same. He loves me. That doesn't always mean that I get what I want from him.

But that isn't the point of this blog.

You see... I'm HIV positive. Hell, more than that... I have A.I.D.S. I'm being told, once again, that I have less than 200 T-cells in my body. No... it isn't the first time that I've heard this. But usually, I have another blood test and the crisis is over... suddenly I have 250 T-cells... so crisis averted. But this time, it's different.

I've got an abcess under my arm. so what happens? I am given a drug. This causes another problem, so I'm given ANOTHER drug. Then my doctor adds yet another drug that gives me hives. Hives. Hell, I didn't even know what they were, I just thought it was an extension of my typical rash.

TheHusband says that once they are extended off my body, it's hives. Which was fine, until the little itchy bumps were so abundant that they merged into a massive red spot over my entire body.

I'm supposed to turn 40 in about a year. Think it will happen? I've started to doubt that today.

That's something that I was thinking when I first found out I was poz 11 years ago...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home