Sunday, December 25, 2005

You'd think I would have learned...

... but I haven't, obviously.

What the hell is up with silly fags that they aren't
A) good for their word, and
B) show up on time and when expected?

Last night, TheHusband and I were celebrating the fact that he'd finished all his Christmas shopping (what is it with men who are still shopping for Christmas gifts on Christmas Eve?) at our favorite pub. Someone we know mentioned that he had no plans for Christmas day, as he has no family in town and didn't want to cook for himself.

Before TheHusband could stop me, I suggested that he join us for dinner. Nothing special, I told him, standing rib roast, vegis, potatoes, good conversation, you know, simple. He said thanks, asked what time, and that was that.

I put the roast in around noon, and put in "March of the Penguins". No guest.

I checked on the roast, and put in "The Incredibles". No guest.

Finally, at 6:30, I plated some food on the regular dishes, and set them on the coffee table in front of the TV. TheHusband was starving, since I hadn't let him eat any lunch.

The table is still set with the China, I haven't the energy to put it all away.

I've got to stop setting myself up like this.

2 Comments:

Blogger The Health-Bound Chicagoan said...

It was very thoughtful of you to extend the invitation and prepare such a delicious-sounding meal. I'm sorry to hear he took advantage of your kindness.

12/26/2005 7:22 PM  
Blogger Spider said...

You mean he NEVER showed up... that is just RUDE and WRONG! You are a better man than I am - I would have called the next AM at 6:00 and asked where he was - that his plate was waiting on him...

You put yourself in that position because you are a good man who cares about others - and there is not a damn thing wrong with that...

12/27/2005 11:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home