Thursday, January 19, 2006

Lunch meeting.

So there we are. All sitting around the conference table today, eating our lunches.

Me.
My supervisor.
The Office Salesman, "Joe".
The President of the Company (who is also a salesman).

The office salesman, "Joe", mentions that he has to have surgery on his knee and that he isn't sure how much good he is going to be afterwards. He was worried that he couldn't make as much money for the company (suck up) or for himself.

My supervisor says "I have a brother-in-law who had the same surgery. Afterwards, he was "reimbursed" by the government because he was unable to work as much as he had before, and so the government "picked up the slack" as far as his paycheck was concerned.

I spoke up.

I said "But the difference is that your Brother-In-Law probably worked for a living, and 'Joe' is a Salesman."

The room erupted in laughter as I got up to wash my dishes.

(maybe you had to be there)

2 Comments:

Blogger Spider said...

OH I do love a good "got 'ya" at lunch! Great response Mikell

1/20/2006 9:17 AM  
Blogger Steve said...

Mikell, ladies & gentlemen... he'll be here all week. And, be sure and try the veal. Great line!

1/20/2006 7:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home