Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Lunchtime

Lately, I've been bringing lunch to work. Partly because I wanted to lose a bit of the inches around my middle section (that is soooooo not working) and partly to save a bit of the green stuff. After all, I'm spending anywhere from $6 to $15 per lunch to eat out everyday, depending on where we go. For lunch.

Another reason: The Boss wants someone in the office -at all times- during office hours. Good lord, there might be a delivery, or a customer might stop by while everyone is out to lunch (because we tend to go to lunch together, sort of a teambuilding exercise-- but that is lost on TPTB).

So TheHusband and I have a deal. If he makes it, I will eat it. Most of the time, it's leftovers from dinner the night before, which is fine with me (my cooking), but if he doesn't put it in a leftover plastic bag from Publix, I ain't takin' it.

But here is what I hate. And I've hated it for years.

People feel the need, nay, the responsibility, to comment on what I bring from home.

Uhm... why?

I hate it. It pisses me off.

Today, as an example, I brought sauerkraut, perogies, and sausages. I like them, and they are easy to make, so I make enough that there WILL be leftovers for a lunch or two. As I sat down at my desk to eat them, our new salesperson said to me:

"Do you have German in you?"

I mumbled some answer, resisting the urge to answer with an old joke. But I did wonder to myself this:

If I were eating sushi, would she have asked me if I were Japanese?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home