Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Coffee anyone?

About once a week, the guys (at work) and I will run over to the nearest Starbucks and grab some coffee in the afternoon. The I-Drive location is only about 5 minutes away, so whoever has to go, isn't gone that long. We take turns paying, between the three of us (we just recently lost one technician to the evil corporation known as Sprint). Typically, this is on a Friday, but that is not written in stone.

So today, the other two walk out the front door (past my desk) and don't say anything. After a minute or two of typing, I realize they haven't come back in. So I look out the door, to see one of their cars is gone. Immediately, I know where they have gone.

And they said nothing to me. Now, honestly, I didn't want anything today, but that isn't the point. They didn't ask. Revenge is all that matters, at this point. "Wait until they walk back in..." is what I am thinking. I giggle at what all I'm going to say to them to make them feel guilty, and resume my duties.

Then my cell phone rings. Not my office phone, but my cell phone. It's my supervisor.

I open the phone and say "It's too late now, mister."

He cracks up, and can barely complete a sentence. He knows, that I know, that he knows, that I know, where they are and that they didn't ask me before they left. Consequently, that is why he called, to see if I wanted anything...

He was laughing so much, he handed his cell phone to the Barrister, so that I could place my own order.
--
Later:
We are all outside the office, drinking our coffees, and I am smoking. The other person in the office (who does not drink coffee at all) walked outside and was trying to make fun of two of us for having Frappachino's. With the ice, and the chocolate, and the whipped cream...

"Juan" (not his real name, but you get the gist) said, "So what? Every man needs to let go and be Gay for five minutes per day, so this is my five minutes."

To which I replied... "What are you trying to say?"

Cue the other two to crack up laughing, and "Juan" to turn completely red, with a big smile on his face.

I love the fact that he didn't decide not to say it, just because I was standing there. It proves that I am "just another guy" in the office.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home