Tuesday, March 28, 2006

You forget who I am.

I was walking outside today, to enjoy a bit of fresh air cigarette, when Goofy Salesguy stops me.

He says, "Xxxxx" is killing me. You know who Xxxxx is??

"Yes", I respond. "He used to work for this company, but opened his own business selling a similar product, and is now going after our customer base. I've met him" (Although I did not work for the company when Xxxxx did).

"Blah blah blah blah," says Goofy Salesguy.

I said, "Well, he's selling the software as a lost leader - do you know what that means??

(Goofy Salesguy nods his head)

"So, you should sell the product better, explain why ours is better than Xxxxx's. How his hasn't been on the market as long. How ours does this and this and this, but his doesn't. Have you tested his? No? Hmmmmmm....."

"I just want him to go away..." says Goofy Salesguy.

"You could just go over to his office and talk to him, it's right over there."... as I point in the general direction. "After all, Xxxxx's company only has three people working for them, why aren't you playing that up to the potential customer? Our company has over 50 people working for it, so who can support them better, us or them?"

"Mikell, how do you know so much about his company?", he says.

My answer?

"Goofy Salesguy, I know everything. You would do well to remember that."
--
I didn't tell him that I've met Xxxxx in a gay bar, and that we've talked.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like you, a cigarette, a loser of a salesman... yeahh... I like you...

3/28/2006 10:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gee, my ex always told me THEY knew everything... NOW who am I to believe? I take it Goofy Saleman is not breaking company sales records huh...

3/29/2006 11:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Actually, Spider, he does just fine. He's just a bit goofy.

3/29/2006 7:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home