Thursday, October 27, 2005

Won't you be, my neighbor...?

Why wasn't Mike Rogers all over this story? My guess?

He's a Democrat.

Star Trek star George Takei comes out

Actor George Takei, best known as Mr. Sulu on the classic TV series Star Trek , comes out of the closet in the new issue of Frontiers . Or rather, as he tells editor Alexander Cho, "It's not really coming out, which suggests opening a door and stepping through. It's more like a long, long walk through what began as a narrow corridor that starts to widen." In the interview, the 68-year-old actor also discusses his childhood in a Japanese-American internment camp, his 18-year relationship, his siblings' inability to accept his homosexuality, and the upcoming Los Angeles production of Equus in which he stars.


I swear, my Gaydar has always gone off each time I've watched the episode "Mirror, Mirror" from the original series. Him, with his shirt off, and that damned sexy scar.

Of course, I was still in diapers when the episode originally aired.

1 Comments:

Blogger cola boy said...

Mr. Sulu/George Takei never did deflect my gaydar. It's about time! Now when will Will Wheaton open that closet door?

10/28/2005 8:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home