Monday, October 24, 2005

Here's why I asked...

I have "pontifityped" before about "gay terrorists". they come in many forms. It's my definition, to be sure, but two come to mind. I've posted about both of them before, here and here.

But here is the reason for this post.

Recently, a writer at the Washington Blade, a gay newspaper (think the Contax guide [you guys in central Florida know what I mean]combined with the Washington Post. It's a newspaper, yeah sure, but it's for the Gay comunity in the Washington D.C. area. There are good writers working for it... award winning writers, but I have a problem with a recent column.

Here is the link. Linky

I understand why the editors let the comment be printed without fear of being sued. He didn't actually say he'd had sex with Sheppard, he just let you believe that Sheppard wanted to...

But one of the silly queens -that I've called a "gay terrorist" before -ran with that. He had decided that this means that Sheppard has been "outed" and therefore he can report it without his own hands getting dirty. It got picked up by other blogs, here and here.

There is no proof. And I mentioned it, here.

But then, there was this.

He is right, and it's a good question. I've been in this person's shoes. It was before DADT policy was in place, of course. Hell, it was the reason I voted for Bill Clinton in 1992 to begin with. But then he let us down. It was the last time I voted for a Democratic President.

So, what did the other "commenters" do to poor 'craigD' ? Attack, my friends. To wit. Here, here, here, here and here.

And what does Michael do? Wipe his hands, since he really didn't do anything wrong. That nasty reporter over there at the Washington Blade did it all. He just mentioned it.

And besides... as long at they aren't Democrats, it's okay to report on them.

And just for the records sake, it wasn't all that okay when Pete Williams was outed, oh so long ago... and Al Franken's book might not be the best source if you want people to turn against the "almight FoxNews channel".

--
Thank you all for joining in.

So, I put up my original post because I was asking the same question as one of the commenters on Michael's site, which was: what if I were a secretary at FoxNews? Would it be okay to out me?

I say: Not on your fucking life, and I'd come after your ass.

1 Comments:

Blogger Spider said...

Continues to amaze me how others feel it is is fine and that they are perfectly justified in sticking their noses in other people's business...

10/25/2005 8:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home