Wednesday, October 19, 2005

"Reporting from Orange County..."

No pumpkin, you aren't.

Would someone please explain to our local news stations that their reporters are NOT "reporting from Orange County"... if they are standing outside the doors to their own studios?

I know, I know, it's a picky complaint on my part, and technically it's true, but still. What is the point of doing a live shot from the studio's parking lot, unless you are talking about... uhm... er... parking in the studio's lot?

But reporting on how, say, the inhabitants of the viewing population are preparing for this weekends 'hurricane' blah blah blah... I'm thinking you could be standing inside the studio just as well as outside.

And I know you are standing in the parking lot. I recognize the traffic pattern behind you.

4 Comments:

Blogger cola boy said...

I grew to despise local news many years ago. When Channel 6 started off with their anchors standing and walking around the sets during stories, and talking to each other in frank discussions, I knew it was all down hill from there.

10/19/2005 8:40 AM  
Blogger Mike said...

Good job realizing which one I was talking about, but sadly, they all do it.

10/19/2005 5:45 PM  
Blogger Spider said...

You know, I LOVED the wandering anchors Channel 6 did - they looked so f'in confused and it was just a hoot... I was waiting for a big collision in the middle of the studio. Channel 6 has always been the laughing stock of local TV in my opinion... especially since Ben Akregg (sp) left - but you all are to YOUNG to remember him...

10/20/2005 11:09 AM  
Blogger Mike said...

Oh, no my friend.

I remember Ben well.

Of course, I couldn't stand him, and was glad he finally retired...

10/20/2005 6:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home