Thursday, December 08, 2005

Dear Santa... (it started out...)

A co-worker of mine, actually my supervisor, asked me a big favor the other day.

His 8 year old daughter wrote a letter to Santa, and slipped it under his bedroom door. So he asked me to "answer it" for him.

He is an immigrant, and didn't want his daughter to detect the accent that not only infects his speech, but is severely noticed in his handwriting and typing skills. At 8 years old, she probably would figure out if it was written by him. So he thought he'd out-smart her, and ask me to do it.

Of course I jumped at the chance.

And I asked the ever-so-happy-to-help Husband of mine to do so. He's crazy about doing anything creative. I had to write the letter, but he created the envelope and the stationary.

My supervisor just about cried as he read the letter and laughed at what I said. He absolutely loved the artwork and the words.

It's good to have homo's in your life.

2 Comments:

Blogger Spider said...

Homo's... they are a good thing!

What a sweet thing for you two to do... now THAT is what Christmas is all about!

12/09/2005 9:23 AM  
Blogger The Health-Bound Chicagoan said...

SO cute! What a lucky little girl :)

12/09/2005 8:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home