Friday, January 27, 2006

I guess it doesn't matter...

... that I came out at work.

That's my story, and I'm sticking with it, anyway. Let me set the sceene.

This is a true story, m'kay?

The other day, one of the technicians (a Puerto Rican) and I were talking about a tool. I say that I have an "extra" of a new and improved version, and he can have it.

Flash forward two days.

I bring it in. Technician #2 (also a Puerto Rican) says "Uhm, how come you get one, and I don't?"

Technician #1, without missing a beat, says "Because I have Ten Inches." The room explodes with laughter. I blush and leave the room, muttering: "That is so wrong, on so many levels."

I truely was blushing. That never happens. Never.

But it proves that they don't care that I am a big ehfing homo. (Although when he said it, he probably wasn't really thinking.)

6 Comments:

Blogger Steve said...

I've never come right out and announced that I'm a big homo at work... everybody just figured it out after a while, and nobody really cares. Oh sure, I'm sure some of the losers there talk shit about me behind my back (especially the one that's about to be evicted from his place, and the other one that's looking at some jail time for a THIRD DUI--like I said, LOSERS), but the cool thing is, I'm comfortable with it, and I really don't care, either.

1/28/2006 5:39 AM  
Blogger DanNation said...

I came out at a work dinner party on week 4 of my job. The whole staff was together, and someone asked me if I was single. "No, I live with my partner. "We've been together a year, and you'll meet him soon." That took the mystery right out of my life at work. They've been nothing but supportive. My boss once made a joke and apologized to me - I told him that it was okay as long as it was intelligent and funny. I hate BAD jokes based on stereotypes.

1/28/2006 3:18 PM  
Blogger Spider said...

They have known about me at work from the day I started - I never made the announcement, but made statements about things and they made statements so after about 2 days all knew - and the FANTASTIC thing about my place is no one cares...

In fact, I was told by someone on the interview committee after I was hired, the comment was made, "Let's not interview anymore - can we just hire the gay guy?"

1/28/2006 4:52 PM  
Blogger === said...

Is that still a big deal in this day and age?

love your writing


http://speciosusberis.blogspot.com/

1/29/2006 8:57 AM  
Blogger Pookie65 said...

I love inappropriate humor in the work place. What a wonderful story.

1/30/2006 7:52 AM  
Blogger MiKell said...

cmt: yes, it is.

pookie: thanks for getting "it".

1/30/2006 8:20 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home