Friday, January 27, 2006

I guess it doesn't matter...

... that I came out at work.

That's my story, and I'm sticking with it, anyway. Let me set the sceene.

This is a true story, m'kay?

The other day, one of the technicians (a Puerto Rican) and I were talking about a tool. I say that I have an "extra" of a new and improved version, and he can have it.

Flash forward two days.

I bring it in. Technician #2 (also a Puerto Rican) says "Uhm, how come you get one, and I don't?"

Technician #1, without missing a beat, says "Because I have Ten Inches." The room explodes with laughter. I blush and leave the room, muttering: "That is so wrong, on so many levels."

I truely was blushing. That never happens. Never.

But it proves that they don't care that I am a big ehfing homo. (Although when he said it, he probably wasn't really thinking.)

4 Comments:

Blogger DanNation said...

I came out at a work dinner party on week 4 of my job. The whole staff was together, and someone asked me if I was single. "No, I live with my partner. "We've been together a year, and you'll meet him soon." That took the mystery right out of my life at work. They've been nothing but supportive. My boss once made a joke and apologized to me - I told him that it was okay as long as it was intelligent and funny. I hate BAD jokes based on stereotypes.

1/28/2006 3:18 PM  
Blogger Spider said...

They have known about me at work from the day I started - I never made the announcement, but made statements about things and they made statements so after about 2 days all knew - and the FANTASTIC thing about my place is no one cares...

In fact, I was told by someone on the interview committee after I was hired, the comment was made, "Let's not interview anymore - can we just hire the gay guy?"

1/28/2006 4:52 PM  
Blogger Pookie65 said...

I love inappropriate humor in the work place. What a wonderful story.

1/30/2006 7:52 AM  
Blogger Mike said...

cmt: yes, it is.

pookie: thanks for getting "it".

1/30/2006 8:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home