Wednesday, January 25, 2006

To prove I'm not a smarty-pants blogger...

... I am answering a meme from Spider. Yeah, yeah... I know. I don't like 'em (meme's). Whatever.

Here are the rules:
1. Grab the nearest book
2. Open the book to page 123
3. Find the fifth sentence
4. Post the text of the next 3 sentences (#5,6,7) on your blog, along with these instructions.
5. Don't you dare dig for that "cool" or "intellectual" book in your closet! I know you were thinking about it. Just grab what is closest. No cheating.


Really. I should have put up the bookshelf in this room by now, but I haven't.

"Where a person lives tells you a lot about her, not that I don't know a lot already," she added, and once again, they both giggled like teenagers.

"If you want to, you can come along," Brenda told me.

I shrugged and plopped into Daddy's chair and listen to them chat about other girls at the dorm, some of the events that were coming up at the college, and Brenda's achievements on the basketball team."


I used to go to bookstores. Now I buy shit like this in the grocery store, while I am shopping. There was a time when I would buy one of her books and have it read within 24 hours. Not so much any more. Maybe because she is dead.

4 Comments:

Blogger Spider said...

See... meme's can be fun... not repeat after me... meme's are my friend, meme's are my friend...

NOW, you REALLY need to get back to at least the library... that shit will ruin your mind!

1/26/2006 11:46 AM  
Blogger Mike said...

Meme's are my frie...
my frien....


Sorry. Can't do it.

1/26/2006 7:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"It looks like a nice day. I could even have taken a drive. I just need to find my wallet and car keys. Now where did I put them? There----on the kitchen counter. Things are looking up already." "I'm Not Really Here" by Tim Allen----- Now why the hell did I have this book at hand????

1/31/2006 2:23 AM  
Blogger Mike said...

I've got a better one for you anonymous.

I bought his first book. "Don't stand too close to a naked man".

Horrible.

2/01/2006 9:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home