Wednesday, January 11, 2006

"Interview with the Blogger" from Spider

His questions... my answers.

1) "I'd live life in the fast lane, but I am married to a speed bump." - OK, can you give a little more explanation? Is his being a speed bump effecting your partnership?

Mikell - No, not really. That line was stolen from some other website I read about two years ago. I thought it was funny. I change those little tag lines every so often, as mentioned here. Sure, there might be some truth to it, but really, I've gotten used to our little (non-exciting) life after the last 13.5 years. I don't mind it. I'm already working on a new tag line, stolen from someone who commented recently.

2) I know that you were in the Service, when was that? Did you see combat? What is your most cherished moment from serving?

Mikell -
I was in the Air Force from August 1984 to March 1990. I spent Basic training in San Antonio, Tech School in Champaign Illinois, my first duty station was at Robins AFB, in Warner Robins, GA, and my final duty station was on Kadena AB, Okinawa, Japan. During that time, I went TDY (that's: "Temporary Duty Yonder") to Mainland Japan, the Philippians, Guam, Shemya Alaska, and Hokaido, Japan. There was no "combat" during that time, although I received many "awards", including a ribbon for serving during "The Cold War". Most Cherished Moment - (I'm going to get in trouble for this...) I met the love of my life during this time.

3) "How Does One Deal" - tell us, how do YOU deal with life on a day to day basis and which is harder for you to deal with, the big, major problems in life or the silly little ones that crop up all the time? And in this, you HAVE to explain your adversity to memes and passing them on!

Mikell - As cliche as this is, I deal one day at a time. Honestly, this blog/journal has turned into a completely different thing than I expected it to. I thought for sure (when I started last year) that I would not make it to the end of 2005. I was pretty sick. And, truthfully, I didn't really care.

Big major problems? Please, compare what most people consider "big major problems" to "I have a terminal disease that I can pass on to someone by letting them suck my dick." I tend to make the little shit a big thing. As witnessed by my OVERREACTION to getting a good review and an eight-fucking-percent-raise. Stupid-ass-living-in-my-own-freaking-world-that I am, I thought it was a bad thing. Then I got over myself. And it worked out in the best way possible. To be honest, things do not normally work out that way for me.

Aversion to the Meme: Simply that I am too disappointed when someone I tag doesn't answer it. It sends me into depression that I'd rather not share.

4) Best year?

Mikell: Good question. I very much enjoyed my time in the Air Force, while stationed on Okinawa. So it would be a toss up between 1987, 1988, and 1989.

5) What is your biggest fear in life, and what is your personal strength you have that makes you feel you can conquer it?

Mikell:
I think I answered this for you before, and the answer remains the same. That I will be alone. I don't think I can be more specific on this issue, except to say that if I were going through this bullshit with out TheHusband nagging me all the way, I probably wouldn't bother. He would be my "personal strength".

3 Comments:

Blogger Spider said...

Mikell, thanks for playing! Loved your honest answers - I really like getting to know more about the people that I chat with daily. OK, so here is question # 5A - Why are you going to get into troble for your most cherished moment?

1/12/2006 7:47 AM  
Blogger Mike said...

Forgive me, but do the math.

2006 minus 14 equals ????

1/12/2006 8:06 PM  
Blogger Spider said...

OK - so I am not the sharpest tool in the shed...

1/13/2006 8:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home