Monday, April 03, 2006

Last Night.... I had a dream.

No, this is not a post about Rent.

When you first start taking Sustiva, the doctors warn you that you might have (their words...) "vivid dreams". That is an understatement. Three plus years ago, I started a therapy that included Sustiva. For the first three weeks I took it, I would feel like my head had grown by four times, shortly after taking it. Picture a big balloon, then picture your head as that balloon. I realized I needed to take it immediately before I go to bed.

So I did. Then the "dreams" started. Hell, they started BEFORE I actually fell asleep. I'd be awake, but completely within a dream.

But then I started a new job, that I felt, necessitated me stopping the drugs. All of them. There were a total of 15 different pills I was taking for HIV and for the side affects of the drugs I was taking for HIV, and I couldn't work and take them at the same time - and still do the job. So I stopped. All of them. For a year. I was unable to keep the job (for unrelated reasons...) and spent a couple of months not working and not taking drugs.

Then I got my current job, and decided it was time to see my doctor again, and probably get back on some sort of drug therapy. For a description of that time, see the beginnings of this blog.

I began another therapy of drugs, that included Sustiva. My doc said I could take it in the morning if I liked. I declined. To me, it was the same drug.

When I first started taking it again, I was irritable. Very irritable. I would have a fit if TheHusband left lights on in the house after bedtime. They bothered me. I would have a fit if TheHusband had the T.V. too loud. It bothered me.

Everything bothered me, after the pill had taken affect. And the dreams. Oh the dreams.

Here it is, more than a year later, and I still can't take that pill in the mornings. I take it about 15 minutes before I go to bed, and then my mind starts getting all fuzzy. And the dreams start. I never know if they are real.

Last night, I dreamt that Mark McEwen was back at work. And doing the CBS Evening News - as a welcome back.

Except that they were superimposing famous newsmen's hairstyles onto his head throughout the newscast, including: Edward R. Murrow, Walter Cronkite, Sam Donldson, David Brinkley, and Bob Sheiffer.

When I woke up, I would have sworn that it was a premonition, and Mark had returned to work.

How disappointing that I was wrong.

Come back soon, Mark.

2 Comments:

Blogger Bruce said...

I love you Mikell.

4/03/2006 10:38 PM  
Blogger Mike said...

You miss Mark too?

4/04/2006 9:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home