Wednesday, July 06, 2005

In truth, it wasn't such a good weekend

I had a headache everyday, and the Tylenol wouldn't get it to go away. I woke up yesterday with a fever of 101.5. By the time I went to work, I got it down to 99.5. If I hadn't gone to work, I would have not gotten paid for two days, so I went anyway. Luckily, I was there by myself for most of the day. Lots of breaks, sitting down on the fluffy guest couch with my eyes closed. I started to leave at noon, but figured with everyone out, I could probably make it to the end of the day. When I got home I went straight to bed. Every time I woke up it was in a pool of sweat. I woke up around 7:30 and TheHusband brought me some tomato soup and a grilled cheese sandwich.

I stayed home today.

Bad news about TheDog. He's getting more and more listless. Sometimes he is happy happy. Eats well, drinks water, pees and poops. Sometimes he spends hours upon hours just laying on the floor. It makes us wonder if he knows what the doctor said on Friday.

Went to see our friend in the hospital. I was taken back in time to the 90's. Seeing all those people dying in the hospital. The best thing about the late 90's was the advancement in AIDS medications. They stopped people from dying, as long as they took them.

My friend wouldn't take them, because he didn't want anyone to know.

Great reason, eh?

He doesn't even recognize us anymore. He forgets to speak English (he's an immigrant). He has to have someone with him 24/7 because he keeps trying to tear out his IV. He is tied down to his bed.

His husband is at his wits end. He's trying to run the house, run their business, visit him in the hospital, eat. A lot of things. I've offered to do laundry for him. I've taken him food so he didn't have to worry about cooking. We took the dog. TheHusband has helped out at the business.

Being there for him just doesn't seem like enough.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home