Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Actual conversation at work today:

Company COO: There seems to be a problems getting the equipment to you.

MiKell: Yes, there is.

COO:
Why is that?

MiKell: I ask for it. The people who are supposed to get it to me don't send it.

COO: So, what you need to do is let me know if you haven’t received it within 24 hours.

MiKell: Wait. What you are saying is… that I 1) have to ask for equipment, which I didn’t have to do three months ago when someone else was doing that job; and 2) when I do ask for it and they don’t send it to me, I then have to complain to their boss because they aren’t doing their jobs? And if I don't complain, the fault belongs to me?

Wouldn’t it be better to teach them how to do their jobs and give them the tools to do said job?

[…]

MiKell: Why is it that the “Inventory Coordinator” has to send me an email telling me that he is about to order (for me) from Distributor A, I should stop everything I am doing and go do a mini-inventory of said items? I mean really, I don’t pay any attention to what item comes from what distributor. That isn’t my job, it’s his. Besides, didn’t I just complete a full inventory of what was in my mini-warehouse just a few weeks ago? Shouldn’t he know what I have? If not, should someone not give him access to our database to find out the answer to this question?

COO: That’s why I think we need a weekly conference call to decide these things.

MiKell: Wait. Isn’t that the purpose of our Database? So that everyone in the company knows what I have in stock at all times? If not, then that means I am wasting my time and the company’s money at the end of every month spending three days counting each and every doo-dad in my shop?

1 Comments:

Blogger Pookie65 said...

It sounds like something out of Dilbert.

8/03/2005 8:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home