Monday, November 14, 2005

I am an amature chef...

... and everything I learned was from experimenting from recipes I tested after watching The Food Network. Mario Batali is a god, but of course, not THE god.

Any-whooo...

Last night, as I usually do on Saturday and Sunday, I cooked. Sometimes it takes an hour, sometimes it takes many many many hours - i.e. marinades, etc.

But last night, it took about an hour. And there were leftovers, something I tend to do. I like my own cooking, and tend to cook too much on purpose. But I never take leftovers to work. It's too hard to eat them because the office, as a whole, goes out to lunch - a teamwork excercise, one might think.

So there were leftovers last night. I asked TheHusband tonight:

"Do you want leftovers from last night for dinner, frozen Pizza, or do you want me to cook something else?"

He said "Frozen Pizza, I'll take last night's dinner to work".

I'm not sure how to take that.

3 Comments:

Blogger Spider said...

Sounds like a real complement to me... can have a great meal at work rather than bad pizza - and brag to all his co-workers that his Man made his lunch - yep, a complement to me!

11/14/2005 9:01 PM  
Blogger Tom said...

So we both spent the weekend cooking big dinners. Are we getting old?

11/15/2005 12:28 PM  
Blogger Mike said...

Yes, Tom. We are both getting old (don't tell anyone, m'kay?)

But this time, really, it only took an hour. I have a polish step-mother who shared a few secrets with me.

It was a good meal, beleave it or not.

11/15/2005 9:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home