Saturday, November 12, 2005

Yes, this is me... (take two)

Typically, when one is works in a Air Force Fighter Squadron, right before leaving the base for the last time, one gets what they call an "Incentive Flight". I was stationed on Kadena Air Base, Okinawa, Japan in the late 80's. In February 1990, two days before I left the island, I got mine.



This is me, checking the oxygen mask, to ensure it works.



From another angle.



The crew chief is strapping me into the seat. It really is a two-man operation.



Another F-15 flew next to us. They aren't supposed to do this during an incentive flight, but because of the job I did, I knew all of these pilots.

3 Comments:

Blogger Spider said...

Is that you blondie? Great pics - I LOVE a man in uniform...

11/12/2005 11:54 PM  
Blogger Mike said...

Yes, that's really me.

Real hair color? Not so much.

11/13/2005 3:49 PM  
Blogger Spider said...

Well, let me say - FUCKING HOT! You never posted the pic of you when you were the same age as your Dad... and how about a current one as well...

11/17/2005 8:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home