Friday, November 11, 2005

Today, please do not...

... wish someone a "Happy" Veteran's day.

It's like saying "Happy Memorial Day". Just. Plain. Wrong.

If you insist on using "Happy", please resort to the original name of this day - Armistice Day. That makes much more sense.

Besides, if it were a true day to remember and appreciate Veterans, then all the Vets would have the day off, with pay, and not the banks and government workers, while most vets have to work to afford the cat food they need for dinner.

Just a thought.

-
I am a veteran.
TheHusband is a Veteran.
We both have a brother who is a Veteran.
TheHusband's father is a Veteran.
My father was a Veteran.
Both of my Grandfathers were Veterans.

2 Comments:

Blogger Spider said...

I am the first male on either side of my family who is not a vetran... at times this makes me feel somewhat inadequate; not able to measure up to the others. But while I wasn't, I sure thank and admire those of you who were...

11/11/2005 7:50 AM  
Blogger Mike said...

Everyone should make their own decision. One who does NOT choose to go into the service has no cause to condemn someone who does, and visa versa.

I just hate it that the banks are closed, while I have to work...

11/11/2005 9:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home