Thursday, November 17, 2005

My day, today....

Doctor Visit: November

Weight: 157 (up a few pounds, which makes Doc happy and me sad)
Blood Pressure: 128/70 NORMAL!!! Of course, this was after two HIGH readings by machine, when the nurse gave up and took it by hand. I'm gonna request this from now on.
Liver Functions: Good, still, I have a Ultrasound scheduled in two weeks, just in case.
Folic Acid: Low. I need to eat more leafy green vegetables. Or take another pill.
B12: Normal
cholesterol:
LDL: 101 - 100 is considered high normal, so no concern at this time.
HDL: 60 - This is the good cholesterol, the higher the better.
Hemoglobin: 16.9 - My doc mentioned that it was probably higher than his own, which is good, considering my latest hospital stay
T-Cells: 161 - up 10 or so...
Viral Load: Undetectable, again
Percentage: 11%, down 1 percent, but still not bad, for someone with almost no T-Cells.

Not bad. I got a flu shot today, too. Better get it now before all the Blue Hairs take 'em all.

I go back in two months for more blood work, and a month later see my HIV doc. No need to see my GP for six months.

All this and I only missed two hours of work.

Once I got to work, all hell had broken loose. My inbox is overflowing (something that NEVER happens), I have four voice mails (again, never happens), and I have 28 messages in email - this happens overnight all the time.

I'll skip over all the mundane stuff and get to the good part.

I mentioned yesterday that someone in TPTB for my company wanted to talk to me about my recent review. Finally, towards the end of the day, we talked - over the phone.

He said what he needed to. I reinforced my points, but stressed that I had no intentions to go anywhere. We reached a happy compromise. He offered a total of a 16% raise from my hourly rate from a week ago.

I was floored. Absolutely. Fucking. Floored.

Without boring you with the details, I thanked him, a lot, and said goodbye.

Then I stepped outside, lit a cigarette, and called TheHusband.

It was a good day.

3 Comments:

Blogger cola boy said...

So you'll be celebrating big-time this weekend? ;-) congratulations on the good news.

11/18/2005 7:46 AM  
Blogger Spider said...

DAMN - a day chocked full of good news! Congrats on the good doctor news and DOUBLE congrats on the raise! 16%! I have not seen anyone get a raise that big in years! You deserve it!

11/18/2005 7:52 AM  
Blogger Tom said...

Wow! All around a pretty nice day, huh? I agree, you should celebrate in some way.

11/18/2005 1:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home