Monday, February 06, 2006

Doctor Visit... February 2006

A short one.

It was kinda weird. I never went to his office. I met the nurse (new one again, but I liked her) then I met with our teams pharmacist (which was odd) and the doctor came in her office to meet with me and her at the same time.

First? Scores:
B/P: 126/69 - Actually, it was lower, but I made her do it again, as I didn't believer her.
Weight: 158 - I hate that scale.
Viral Load: 120-Low, but higher than detectable where it was the last two or three times.
T-Cells: 202- Whooooo Hoooooo! Up over 200, which is what I've been hoping for the last year. They've changed the rules about this (so it seems), and I won't be taken off the bactrim until I have scores over 200 for six months. That will be nice.
Percentage: 12 - up a point.

My blood sugar was high, again. They were concerned about this until I reminded them that it was a NON-fasting lab, so it was okay for me to have sugar in my coffee the morning of my labs.

My liver enzymes were high again, but nothing to worry about.

Surprising notes: I was non-detectable for Hepatitis B. They said that people don't normally convert from positive to negative, as I have, whatever that means. I, honestly, don't know the difference between Hepatitis A, B, C, or Z.

I suppose I should.

--
I told them I've been having headaches. A lot. Sometimes three major headaches a day. Normally I take Tylenol, which isn't an issue, but no one should take 3000 mg of Tylenol per day. I have been.

I thought they'd tell me that my BP has been high again, give me a prescription for it, and that would take care of the headaches. It usually does. Unfortunately (did I just say that?), my BP was normal. This means there is another reason, they just don't know what it is.

So they gave me a script for Tramadol 50mg, no more than twice a day, and I am to let them know if the headaches get any worse or the medicine doesn't do the trick.

So far, I've taken one, and it has not done the trick. Now might be the time to get my eyes checked, since it's been about 2-1/2 years. Duh. Why didn't I think of that first?

1 Comments:

Blogger Nick Moretti said...

Ahhh... I see you have had your round of test results too. I can relate. Glad you are pretty much happy with them. Don't you HATE having to go through this crap over and over again. Still... I guess the alternative is not taking care of yourself. \

2/07/2006 9:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home