Tuesday, April 11, 2006

New Pants

So, after getting ready for work this morning, I said to TheHusband:

"I need new pants".

"Why?", he replied.

"Because, first of all, I bought these when I started this job-- 16 months ago, and they are faded. Second, I've worn holes in the pockets from my wallet" (turning around to show them), "and third of all, I've gained a bit of weight, and they don't fit around the waist anymore."

He said, "Maybe you should get up and be more active."

Before lashing out at him with my fist, as I would have back in the day and could blame it on the steroids I was taking to combat the pock marks on my face in the early days of my seroconversion, I noticed something.

The smile on his face.

As I realized that he was just kidding, I figured something else out too.

He'd be paying for my new pants.

4 Comments:

Blogger Dave said...

Smile or not, and some new shoes to that outfit, too! :)

4/11/2006 11:20 PM  
Blogger Dave said...

oops... and=add

Why can't I edit? grrrr

4/11/2006 11:21 PM  
Blogger Mike said...

Hmmm... I DO need new shoes, I've been wearing these two pair for three years.

4/12/2006 7:10 AM  
Blogger Spider said...

I am sure he will be paying in other ways as well... the smile that comes with the mature, established relationship - what a nice thing...

4/12/2006 4:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home