Thursday, May 18, 2006

I got my wish

Shortly after posting the previous message, my temperature went up. And up. And up.

Sometime during the night, I awoke to 102.1.

The last time this happened was two years ago. First the cough, then the fever, then the chest pains in the middle of the night. Hilarious trip to the ER ensued. Laughs for everyone...

Wait. Maybe that was tonight's episode of Will and Grace.

Anyway, I saw the signs coming-- so I went to work Tuesday morning, informed everyone that I was not staying, grabbed the deposit, went to the bank, stopped at the drugstore for an EXPECTORANT cough syrup, some Tylenol, and an inhaler (for the impending bronchitis) and then straight home. Back to bed for me. I stayed there for just about 36 hours, then got up on the couch for a few more, but at least the fever had gone away.

Two days away from work is always too much for me to bare, so against TheHusband's objections, I returned this morning.

54 emails. Only one voice mail. Of course, this COULD be because I thought to forward my phone to my supervisor before I left. He didn't even notice. Two people at the corporate office were fired, one was hired.

I was dizzy the entire day, but no fever.

Tomorrow will be better. Thanks for all your well-wishes. I'll get back to reading all your blogs this weekend. Please tell me you all had lives.

4 Comments:

Blogger Steve said...

102.1?!? Wow! That's a great radio station. Kidding. I kid. Seriously, I'm glad you're feeling better, but don't work too hard and take care of yourself.

5/19/2006 3:24 AM  
Blogger cola boy said...

Get well, soon! :-)

5/19/2006 10:59 AM  
Blogger Contessa said...

Feel better :)

5/19/2006 2:11 PM  
Blogger Mike said...

Rest this weekend? Peeshaw!

I'll have to do what I WASN'T able to do last weekend. LOL!

I am feeling much better, even better than I was when I posted this message. Though I am losing my voice every once in a while.

TheHusband doesn't seem to mind.

(again, thank you all)

5/19/2006 9:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home