Sunday, May 07, 2006

Fugly

Did you ever think that the American craze for this vehicle:



Mixed with the American craze for this vehicle:



Is what created the "need" for this vehicle?



Though I briefly flirted with the idea of buying a PT Cruiser, I'm glad I thought better of it. I held out for two more years and bought my current little sports car.

Besides, I was 37 at the time, and I had that whole Mid-Life Crisis to look forward to. Am I supposed to be looking for a Trophy Husband or something?

4 Comments:

Blogger The Health-Bound Chicagoan said...

What do you think of Toyota's FJ Cruiser?

5/07/2006 11:03 PM  
Blogger Mike said...

I have honestly never heard of it.

Sounds SUVish.

5/08/2006 5:40 AM  
Blogger cola boy said...

We always call them "Pity" Cruisers. I have to say all the ones I see on my drive to work are Disney Imagineers and Execs, all with vanity license plates on them.

5/08/2006 9:09 AM  
Blogger The Health-Bound Chicagoan said...

I just recently saw it at the gym. I think it's new and just came out for 2007. It sort of reminds me of a hummer and land rover.

http://www.toyota.com/fjcruiser/exterior.html

My dad's horrified that I've been toying with the idea of test driving it. He says it's too boxy and bulky, and besides . . . it's for boys - when am I ever going to do any off-roading, he asks.

I dunno . . . it could be useful if I ever move back to cold country, or when I'm exploring Texas hill country.

I DO agree that it's a little boxy, though (reminds me of my ex's Scion - yuck! - I can't believe he tried to get me back by offering me his new, boxy Scion!).

5/08/2006 1:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home