Wednesday, February 23, 2005

Birthday present

So today was my birthday.

I'll be honest. When I was diagnosed as HIV positive 12 years ago, I didn't think I'd make it this long. Of course, back then, people weren't making it this long. I'm 39 today. Yes, I admit it. I think because of the whole HIV+ thing, many gay men admit how old they are. A badge... a sign of progress. That we "made it" regardless of what 'they' all told us, which was of course that we'd die.

So when I got home, the Husband told me he had a present for me.

We got in the car and drove to a neighborhood we've been looking at for the last three years or so. We walked into a house.. 3 bdrm, 1-3/4 bath, den, LR, DR, Kitchen, laundry room. Very nice, but only a one car carport. Nice sized back yard with landscaping front and back, including a four-zone in-ground sprinkler system.

Oh. And an already-installed-security system. We'd have to activate it, of course.

So we left there, leaving a signed contract and a check.

Now comes the tricky part. We already own a house. the bank will have to agree to loan us the money to buy the new one, and believe us when we say we are going to sell the old one as soon as possible.

Isn't it about time for things to go our way?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home