Saturday, February 12, 2005

A sign of the times, I guess.

I know. It's been over a week at this point.
I was gonna post something on Wednesday, but got busy and didn't. Then it was Thursday and I had something from work to post, but again, got busy and didn't put it up. then yesterday, had plans to share yet another cat with you, but something happened when I got home from work, so I didn't get it done.

I came home from work, well, actually TheHusband and I came home from our typical Friday Pub Crawl (not much of a crawl, really, there's only one place we go). I got home a few minutes before he did. I walked into my office and noticed that the dresser drawers were open. I figured theHusband had needed something and forgot to shut them. So I kicked 'em closed with my knee. Then the phone rang, so I wandered into theHusband's room to see who it was. I noticed right away that the window was opened and the screen was on the floor. I thought maybe one of the cats had pushed too hard on the screen from the outside and pushed it in. TheHusband, after all, has a habit of leaving the windows open just a bit.

Finally, he gets home. He notices right away that things are not the way they should be. The dresser drawers in our bedroom are open also... this finally kicks my brain into gear. I point out all the things I noticed when I got home. He tells me to call the cops.

Of course, since I live in the unincorporated portion of this county, I have to wait for the sherriff's office to send a trouper, instead of seeing the City police show up, though they have a shop across the street from my housing area.

It was no CSI when the trooper-girl showed up. She looked around, and said there wasn't much she could do, since nothing was taken that we could determine. Sure, the kid or kids broke the law when they forcibly made their way into our home, through a bedroom window, but since the TV's, the computers, and just about everything else was still there.... low on the priority list.

I can understand that I guess. It just doesn't make me feel any better.

1 Comments:

Blogger Mike said...

One word, Jin. Kids.

And I finally saw something they did take... my smokes. Sure, it was only two packs, but still, they were mine, I paid for 'em!

2/15/2005 5:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home