Friday, August 05, 2005

What a fucking week...

After this, and this comes today.

I arrive at work to find that someone had sat at my desk. Normally, I wouldn't mind, but they moved things. They went through my files. But the only thing that pisses me off? They didn't put them back. I am aware that it isn't "my" desk, or "my" computer, and they aren't "my" files. They belong to the company and anyone that works with the company can sit at them, use them, or look at them.

Want me to see that you've been there and left me something after I've gone for the day? Leave it in my "In" box.

Then, I am called into a meeting with the CEO to be told, once again, that there have been "challenges" at the corporate office, and that's why our computers don't work half the time. I can handle that. But here's the thing. If you tell me that you can't get to "my" problems until you have solved other "challenges", I can understand that too. But what I need you to do is tell me when you can get to my problems. That's all. Too much to ask?

Anyway, there was other stuff and then the CEO asked what I got out of the meeting. I said that I was walking away with the feeling that I should be a BIG BOY and suck it up that others are not required to follow the Policies and Procedures that are set by this company, and I need to work around that, all the time following said Policies and Procedures myself.

He couldn't believe that I got that out of the meeting. I changed my tactic and just started agreeing with everything he said so that I could get out of the meeting and get to work.

I thought to myself, "If that's what I got out of it, and you didn't mean to say it, then you didn't do a very good job of getting your point across, did you?" But of course, I can't say that to the CEO of the company, now can I?

Then I spent the next two hours on the phone with the IT guy trying to get the phones to work and my computer fixed. Only one of those things were accomplished.

All of this is going on and I am also trying to find out if the VA sent out my pills. I'm low and ordered them two weeks ago. They should have been here by now. Finally, I get someone to admit that they hadn't been sent out.

This week I have been plagued by people who get paid for doing a job, but couldn't find the time or energy to actually do that job.

And to top it all off, when I got home I realized that my wallet was not in my back pocket where it belongs.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home