Thursday, February 23, 2006

Thanks for the well wishes...

... all of you.

TheHusband met me at Studz, with roses in hand.

The significance is that he's only done this one other time before. In 13 birthdays. He said he wanted to send 'em to me at work, but waited too long, and they couldn't guarantee delivery by today (THAT's the husband I am used too...)

We spent a bit over two hours at Studz, waiting to see if anyone showed up, in vain I might add. Which is okay, I waited too long to invite anyone, so I wasn't too disappointed.

Then we went to the restaurant, Wazzabi in Winter Park. Sushi and steak restaurant.

It's a new restaurant, only has been open for three or four weeks. We enjoyed it. We sat out side until it started to sprinkle. They rolled out a couple of awnings, so we stayed out for a bit more. Then, the Heavens opened up, so we were quickly moved inside. This was all happening as our main course arrived. We had a great waitress - I taught her a few phrases in Japanese.

It was a bit pricey, so don't go on a budget. But, if you want to impress a first date or spend a special night out with someone you love, go and enjoy.

Oh. And the Palmagranite martinis? Delicious, even if they ARE $10 bucks a pop.

I had four.
--
Also: I got two Birthday cards today. One from TheHusband as he gave me the above mentioned roses, and the other one from my 80-some-odd year-old Grandmother.

She still buys cards like I am a 12 year old child.

She kills me and doesn't even know it.

3 Comments:

Blogger Steve said...

Glad you had a nice birthday. And the part about your grandmother brought a smile to my face. Until mine (on my mother's side) died, she would still send me a card, complete with a $1 bill... just like she did when I was a kid. She obviously didn't factor inflation or cost of living increases, but it was always good for a chuckle.

2/24/2006 3:06 AM  
Blogger Stephen said...

Mikell, it is good to hear you had a wonderful time on your Birthday! There is nothing like getting unexpected surprizes, hope you guys enjoyed the evening.

2/24/2006 10:25 AM  
Blogger Spider said...

What a wonderful day... I have heard about Wazzabi - sounds like I need to put it on my list of places to try... Soumds like a great birthday - and the flowers are beautiful!

2/24/2006 4:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home