Monday, April 17, 2006

Driving while on the phone.

Cell phones are wonderful. Although some people need to realize that they are talking to someone ON THE PHONE, instead of EVERYONE IN THE ROOM... but that's a different post.

I was driving home today, got annoyed at the stupid bitch in front of me because she was sitting at a GREEN LIGHT but wasn't moving because she didn't notice because she was ON THE FUCKING PHONE!!!! So I started counting other people who were driving home and were on the phone. None of the people I counted were using Bluetooth earpieces or anything, just holding the phone up to their ear while turning, changing lanes, waiting at red lights, and the like.

I got about half-way home (via I-4) on my less-than-15-mile-trek and stopped counting at 25.

But only because I had to shift down for traffic, change lanes into a faster moving one, and set my cigarette down.

Oh. And my phone rang, so I had to reach into the glovebox and get out my Bluetooth ear piece thingy so that I could safely answer/talk on the phone while I was driving down the road.

6 Comments:

Blogger The Health-Bound Chicagoan said...

Um . . . so I'm guessing you wouldn't be very amused by me texting while I'm driving, huh! I know it's such a dangerous habit and a really stupid thing to do.

Seriously, though, the biggest scare I've had was NOT while I was texting, but when I received a naughty self-portrait from my Private Dancer (he's been blessed with amazing genes, and every single one of my girlfriends asks if that thing is real) and then a video of his latest boy toy. I was so shocked I almost drove into a ditch!

4/19/2006 12:54 PM  
Blogger Mike said...

I SOOOOOO wanna see that.

You've gotta share.

4/19/2006 8:09 PM  
Blogger The Health-Bound Chicagoan said...

lol! Do you have a camera phone?

4/19/2006 11:11 PM  
Blogger Mike said...

That would be the source of all the crappy photos I put up on this site!

4/20/2006 7:01 AM  
Blogger The Health-Bound Chicagoan said...

I talked with him last night, and he's more than willing to share - I think he feels flattered that I've been bragging about his beautiful work of art. lol! Let me know where to send it (you can email me your # if you want).

4/20/2006 12:47 PM  
Blogger The Health-Bound Chicagoan said...

Oh! Never mind. I figured out how to send it to your email. I'll do that later this afternoon. I'll need your #, though, if you'd like the video clips too.

4/20/2006 12:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home