Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Candy dish

I have a candy dish on my desk.

Typically, during my Sunday grocery store visit, I buy mini-candy bars and put them into the dish on my desk throughout the week. The guys at work expect it.

Last week, as I mentioned, I was sick. So I hadn't been to the store. Monday came and there was nothing in the dish. Tuesday, I was there for less than 45 minutes, Wednesday I didn't show up, Thursday I was a bit dizzy, but Friday, I was back to normal. But there was still no candy in the dish.

Someone may have pointed it out to me (my supervisor...), and I had only one reaction.

I picked it up and tossed it into the trash can. I was feeling better, but good grief, I had an excuse. Ha Ha Ha... funny funny funny... move on.

This weekend, I bought more candy for the dish, as per usual.

Of course, I forgot to REMOVE the dish from the trashcan, so I have no place to put it.

3 Comments:

Blogger DanNation said...

Let your officemates bring you a new dish...since they do enjoy it so much!

5/24/2006 3:08 AM  
Blogger The Health-Bound Chicagoan said...

Yum! I wish I had thoughtful co-workers like you :)

*side note* check out my fancy blogrolling - you're such a great tutor :)

5/24/2006 10:51 PM  
Blogger Pookie65 said...

I've always kept little treats of some sort on my desk as well. There is a local facilty for the severely mentally challenged and they go around collecting recyled paper to raise funds. There is one fellow who I always kept Smarties for. The smile on this guys face as he gently took his candy just made my day.

5/27/2006 8:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home