Sunday, October 15, 2006

Orlando Gay Pride 2006

Just some observations, m'kay?

Bitches kept me out, way too long. This one, this one, these two, and this one.

Typically on Sundays, I clean the house, do the laundry, and shop for groceries. None of which got done today.

But no. After dinner last night, I was begged of, cajoled, nay, it was demanded that TheHusband and I join them all for brunch this morning. Yes, we were weak. We capitulated. After we got home last night (late for this old homo) he started hammering and nailing, and sawing again, to try to finish the changes he was making in the kitchen, and I gave up waiting for him to finish at 00:30, and went to bed. At 01:30, I yelled out that it was time to stop all the noise (which he did), and he finally came to bed at 0300. I was sure I wouldn't be able to get him up in the morning in time for brunch. I dreaded making the call to beg off.

But, after I'd been away this morning (at 0700) for an hour, TheHusband was making noises. I was shocked, SHOCKED, I tell you.

So we arrived at Spider's house on time and walked downtown for brunch, which was nice. I wish we'd been able to sit outside, as the weather was so nice. Then we were going to walk down to Lake Eola to the little market, but someone had left his wallet home. Back to Spider's house, so he could drive home and get it. Once he returned, we all walked back downtown and looked at the trinkets. After that, we all wandered down to the "Pride" area, for more vendors.

I must say, it was my first time going back to Orlando Pride. I stopped a few years ago, because all of the money was going to the straight businesses downtown.

At this point, some people wanted to eat. Again. We decided to sit on the patio at The Globe, a place TheHusband and I have been to once or twice. When it was busier. And had better service. Am I making my point?

The conversation was nice though. Oh. I got carded. Unlike certain other people in the group. Take that, bitches.

Of course, certain individuals decided to play footsie:

And deep-throat TheHusband's fingers:

Okay, it was chicken fingers.

And, oh yes, Bitch. I published it.

Off to the parade, we were. Starting with my love, Moira, random pictures:


Oh, yes. We had media coverage:



And hot boys:

Fine, maybe just one.

Lesbian Humor:

In case that isn't obvious, that's a U-Hall truck. Funny stuff!!

Oh. The "Star" of the show:

You see, in Orlando, we CAN afford a Has-Been. Even a bottom-of-the-list-has-been.

People were breaking their necks to read my t-shirt (which is o-l-d, I might add, but there were plenty to read that were quite cute, including this one:

which, in case you can't see it, I got a close up. I'm good that way:

Oh. And then there was these two. My friend "D" and his new boyfriend.

One of them was wearing jeans that looked like this, from the back:

At least, until this guy:

and this guy:

... said something to him. For the record, I would have done anything they told me to... anything. Also, I don't have a nice enough ass to have worn those jeans, anyway.

That's it. Shortly after that, the political talks started where I learned that everyone there must absolutely join the Democrat party, and vote Democrat, and hate George Bush, Dick Chaney, et cetera, et cetera, et cetera... blah blah blah.

At that point, we all walked back to Spider's little bungalow. TheHusband and I begged off going to dinner, and came home.

We had the best time.

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Tony said...

Great Post! Mikell, it was great to meet you and (S) this weekend. I could not have thought of a better way to spend my first Pride than with the group that I did. Even if I was a tad more quiet than usual, I had a blast! I was merely taking it all in.

10/16/2006 10:21 AM  
Blogger Spider said...

We all had a great time - it was fantastic getting to meet you both and thanks for coming back on Sunday... I expect to see you both for crabs on Tuesday - NO EXCUSES!

10/16/2006 2:29 PM  
Blogger Spider said...

btw - you HAVE arrived - but NOT in that car you were in Sunday...

*snark-back*

10/16/2006 8:44 PM  
Blogger Doug said...

We had such a blast meeting you both! Great pics!

Hmm...a spider inviting you out to get crabs...sounds fishy. ;)

10/17/2006 9:30 AM  
Blogger Dave said...

Mmmm, feet.

10/19/2006 3:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home