Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Dreams and nightmares, Sustiva style

"The doctor can see you now, but he only has a few minutes."

Uhm, okay. Let me stop what I am doing here (I have no idea where I was or what I was doing).

In the hallway, with a waist-high wall between us, I show him my left forearm. He examines it closely, and says I need surgery to remove it. I have no idea what "it" is. I agree to the surgery, and realize that he is standing there in scrubs, a mask, the apron-thingy, and that little hat they wear. He calls for a scalpel.

I interject, "uhm, you are going to do this RIGHT HERE?" He says, yes, that it is the only time he has, and "it" HAS to come out.

No anesthesia, and still standing, he cuts an eight inch line into my arm. I calmly watch the other direction, wondering why all those other people are at the hospital. He finishes removing "it" and closes, with help from his nurse.

Shortly after that, I am discussing my deductible payments with my insurance rep. He looks at the bill and wonders why this particular surgeon did the procedure. He is an OB-GYN, after all. Then, the rep ponders the question as to why the doctor did the surgery in the hallway of the OB-GYN clinic.
--------
At this point, I woke up. It was 0520. I doubt it means anything, but as soon as I got to the kitchen (where there was some light), I checked my arm for stitches.

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Blogger savante said...

You might wonder why your doctor is an OB GYN too :)

10/04/2006 9:14 AM  
Blogger My adventures said...

interesting dream... glad i'm not on that... YET!!! the recipe is up, just for you... sorry, i forgot... that's what my drugs do to me... i get very forgetful...

10/04/2006 9:34 AM  
Blogger Dave said...

That reminds me of a story about the time a doctor pulled a fishing lure out of my back with nothing but a string... I may have to write about that!

You're so inspiring! :)

10/04/2006 3:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That sounds like the kind of fucked up, totally surreal, normal but totally not kind of dreams I always have.

When I'm not having my usual "watching people kill themself" dreams, that is.

word v: sdxobnpp (wtf?)

10/04/2006 3:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are all dead to me, after the last few posts.

Except Chris, of course.

*giggles*

10/04/2006 10:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home