Thursday, September 28, 2006

The Gay Terrorist...

... is at it again.

Yesterday's post over there, which I responded to, asked if anyone knew any "information" regarding whether a current candidate for Florida Governor was gay. As a reminder, anyone with a (R) behind their name is a "right-winger".

I am gay. I live with and love another man. I am also HIV+. But these issues do not define me, but only are part of me. So let me ask this question:

Who said this:
"Personally, I believe marriage should be a bond between a man and a woman [...]"

He goes on to say:

"[...] however, I voted against the Federal Marriage Amendment because I also believe the United States Constitution should protect rights, not deny them, and states should have the right to decide whether same sex marriages should be recognized within their borders."

(This was obviously not the Bow-down-before-me-gay-god Bill Clinton)

I agree with the second statement, actually. Blah blah blah... insert history lesson about changing the constitution, and then he states:

"Although the Federal Marriage Amendment failed to pass, current federal and state laws pertaining to same sex marriage remain in effect. In 1996, Congress passed the Defense of Marriage Act (DOMA), which is intended to deny federal recognition of same sex marriages and further dictates that states are not required to recognize same sex marriages from other states. In 1997, the Florida Legislature passed what is known as the Florida Defense of Marriage Act, a law I support, which states that marriage is between a man and a woman and that the State of Florida would not recognize any same sex marriage deemed legal in other states. 35 states have passed similar DOMA laws."

No mention of the fact that, Jim Davis, in his Freshman year in the United States Congress, voted FOR the Defense of Marriage Act.

So. If you are a one issue voter you must be confused as who to vote for in the Florida Gubernatorial Race of 2006.

Charlie Crist may be against gay marriage, might not ask for a repeal of the "No Homo's shall Adopt in FLA" law, but Mr. Davis is no better.

Charlie has at least said that a Domestic Partnership Law should be considered. Jim Davis hasn't even gone that far.

I stand by my prediction.

(Full disclosure, I am a registered Republican, but I did not vote for George W. Bush, either time. I also did not vote for Jeb Bush the first time, although I did the second time. I tend to vote FOR a person/issues, not having anything to do with "party".)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home