Monday, September 18, 2006

Monday Meeting

At the office, we typically have a meeting in the morning, especially on Mondays. We talk about issues that have come up and what is on the agenda for the week. There was a time when we had this meeting EVERY morning, but since the new supervisor guy came in from the corporate office (he drives in from across the state every day) this hasn't happened so much. Especially if there isn't a quorum.

Today, there was three people, plus the new Supervisor. He said we should all meet.

He went around the table asking if any of us had issues, nobody did, except me. I asked why a "call" from a customer, which was opened for a technical reason, was in my name. I reminded the room, I am a typist. I, you know, type things. Sure, as my notes in the call said, I had called the customer (at the company's owner had requested) to explain that they (the customer) would NOT be charged for fixing a piece of equipment that was under warranty - because the customer service person had not explained it correctly, but that was my only comment. And the next thing I know, it (the call) is my responsibility. Do I need to explain, again, that I am a fucking typist? I don't care who typed the last comment or talked to the cusotmer last, a typist does not need a call on his list. He/she is not a call center/customer service person. Do not put the call/resposibility on me to make YOUR reports look good, bitch. --- It doesn't matter, nothing will be done.

Then the new Supervisor got to the REAL reason for the meeting.

GoofySalesGuy has had the most sales in the company for four months running, and none of us had told him what a good job he is doing.

Really?

None of us had said to him "Great job doing, you know, your fucking job."

I thought the purpose of congratulating someone was to say "nice job doing more than you were expected to do." I have, more than once, said so someone, "Don't thank me for doing my job, there is no reason." The thanks is the paycheck.

Correct me if I am wrong: In sales, you are rewarded by selling. Meaning, you have a quota. You must meet said quota to remain employed. Once said quota is met, you make commission. The more you sell, therefore, the more you make.

The more you make = thanks for doing your fucking job.


Although I kept my mouth shut during this part of the entire diatribe meeting, my face was quite expressive. I may have rolled my eyes once or twice. And yes, I was called out for it.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Spider said...

All part of the entitlement society we live in - I do ANYTHING and you are supposed to praise me, stroke me and kiss my ass - afterall, I could be doing nothing... I breathe therefore I am entitled to everything life has to offer - can you tell you hit a nerve?

9/18/2006 10:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Snicker.

(I hate the way beta-blogger has the comments form set up.)

9/19/2006 1:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home