Thursday, September 07, 2006

Help Wanted... part two

TheHusband got a call the other day. A Headhunter was perusing the web and fell into a copy of his bio at TheHusband's current job.

What???

Even better, the job pays -at a minimum- more than he makes now at his current job, plus his military retirement, plus my current annual pay. At a maximum, QUITE a bit more.

Hook: The job would be in New England. New Fucking England. I've never even visited, much less lived in NFE. He's lived in Boston before, back in the Navy.

Knowing how I feel about cold weather, he said he wouldn't even think about it. I answered: for that kind of money, I could buy a sweater or two. And a coat. And get a house with two or three fireplaces.
--
Of course, it is way too soon to start counting Rhode Island Reds. Initial stages and all. But he did get ANOTHER call today. And the job description. And a series of three "hypotheticals" to answer.

Baby steps.

6 Comments:

Blogger TOS said...

New England is a great place to live - even with the cold weather... you could do a lot worse - take it from a kid from Medford, MA

9/07/2006 9:10 PM  
Blogger Mike said...

Except that you don't live there anymore, TOS. Hmmmmmmmmmmm......

9/07/2006 10:06 PM  
Blogger Cincy Diva said...

Sounds intriguing! We'll keep our fingers at the ready to be crossed when needed!

9/07/2006 10:30 PM  
Blogger The Maiden Metallurgist said...

Sorry, that was drunken commenting, and was meant to sound like I agree with you. I do, agree with you that is. Sorry, this is drunken commenting too. Or again, whatever.

9/08/2006 8:03 PM  
Blogger stasia said...

I'd go. I've always wanted to live some place where it snows and the leaves change color in the fall. Hell, for the year to even have a fall.

Plus, nothing beats winter clothing. It's like cuddling with clothes! Heh.

God I hate Texas.

9/09/2006 2:34 PM  
Blogger Mike said...

Athens, you forget. I am a gay man. We like to look at other men in as little clothing as possible.

It's shallow, but we own it.

9/11/2006 9:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home