Monday, August 28, 2006

Hope you had a good time...

Ever heard that someone was having a party, and you weren't invited?

It happened to me, recently. People who, I thought, were becoming friends of mine. They even posted public announcements of said party, but I saw them once, saw no way to respond to the announcement, and the next time I looked? Announcement removed, and no further word was mentioned. I assumed the party had been cancelled.

I'm glad they had a good time, and I may not have been able to join in ALL the festivities, but considering the nature of the "invitation", I'm thinking I probably should have been considered an "invitee".

Of course, I could be feeling a bit too sensitive.

It wouldn't be the first time.

3 Comments:

Blogger Jack said...

I think I know what you mean!?

If nothing changes, I want to invite you. I wanted since the subject came up!?

You doin' anything for New Years?!

J

8/28/2006 10:29 PM  
Blogger Mike said...

Joel: Thanks, but, uhm... it's a bit cold up there for me in the early parts of the year. Besides, I only know two words in French, and neither of them are appropriate unless I'm having sex.
;-)

Chris: I was not DIS-invited. Hell, for all I know, I send off this non-joiner vibe. It wouldn't be the first time for THAT, either.

And welcome to the comments section over here at HDOD.

8/29/2006 7:12 PM  
Blogger Jack said...

I was talking about going down and see the guys amd I wanted to ask you to come, but the "guys" don't seem to existe anymore.

8/30/2006 7:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home