Sunday, August 20, 2006

Duh moment...

Me: I need your card to go to the grocery store tomorrow.
TheHusband: Why don't you use yours?
Me: Mine isn't working. The stripe has stopped reading in retail environments.
TheHusband: Then use a credit card.
Me: I don't want to use a credit card. I like to pay cash for everything, when it is not an emergency.
TheHusband: But I don't have that much money in my checking account, and I don't want to transfer anything to it from my savings.
Me: Don't worry about it, I'll write you a check and you can deposit it into your back account on Monday morning.
TheHusband: Then why don't you just write a check to the grocery store.

** pause **

Me: How very 20th Century of you.

1 Comments:

Blogger Mike said...

THAT's EXACTLY what I was thinking.

FULL DISCLOSURE: Normally, I write two checks a month. Every month.

P.S. So Canadian with your spelling of "checks".... ;)

8/21/2006 8:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home