Tuesday, August 08, 2006

It happened...

...I was injured at work today. And it was because of this issue.

No worries, like you were anyway, but I'll probably be fine.

I was pulling yet another order of equipment, sidestepping boxes piled all over the floor, and lifted something wrong. My hand is currently in an ACE bandage. I didn't go to the doctor, as the pain has gotten worse since I got home.

Right away, I notified my former supervisor, as is required of ALL workmen's comp claims. He did not make a formal report of it. (This is not his fault, as I don't think this company has procedures for an incident like this)

By the time I reached the house this afternoon, I realized I was in quite a bit of pain. But as the old joke goes, I stopped moving it when it hurt, and asked TheHusband to buy me an ACE bandage on the way home. Mostly to keep me from using it, as the ACE bandage is a big reminder, if nothing else.



It definitely affects the way that I type, and that could be an issue. It's a good thing that I am right-handed.

Well, mostly.

3 Comments:

Blogger The Health-Bound Chicagoan said...

Sounds very painful! I hope you feel better soon!

8/09/2006 1:08 AM  
Blogger Cincy Diva said...

I hope you are better soon. You definitely need someone to file a formal report just in case. I had something similiar happen and several months later I got stuck with a large medical bill and a fight on my hands. Take care!

8/09/2006 5:16 PM  
Blogger Mike said...

Thanks for thinking of me cincy diva, but, no need. Although I am typing funny, and oddly, spelling things incorrectly, I didn't see a doc about it. Bigger fish to fry, where that is concerned.

The wrist is better now. Tomorrow morning I'll remove the ACE bandage, as I think things will be fine. I just needed to rest it for a while, and not use it.

Gina: you are a doll, as always. ;)

8/09/2006 7:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home