Monday, September 04, 2006

Another post about Ribs...

... and me making them.

It was decided, after the last holiday, that we'd do it again. Our small little affair has blown up to about 15 people, though. At least I knew this beforehand.

I spent quite a bit on ribs and corn-on-the-cob for today. No dessert from me this time. Last night, I pre-prepared the ribs and rubbed my meat for about 45 minutes. *giggles*

Today, I will cover my meat in plastic wrap and cook it at a very low temperature for about three hours, thereby steaming the meat in it's own juices and ensuring that it will fall off the bone when it is time to eat (my meat).

I also need to make the BBQ sauce, as that stuff that comes out of a bottle is crap.

I'm off to the kitchen.

2 Comments:

Blogger TOS said...

Good man! BBQ sauce out of a bottle is like pre-shredded parmesan or romano cheese - flavourless!

9/04/2006 8:52 AM  
Blogger The Health-Bound Chicagoan said...

Oh my gosh! That sounds delicious! I have a weakness for food in general, and ribs are probably one of greatest food weaknesses. Now I'm starving and have over an hour till my lunch date. Thanks a lot!

9/04/2006 12:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home