Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Happy Independence Day!!



This picture was taken by me, of the flag at my house. Yeah, I took it last year, but still. At least I'm not using someone else's picture to make my own political statement, when it may or may not be appropriate. Whilst I would agree that the basic idea of today is to celebrate all things American, including the Right of Free Expression, it is also a day to remember that just because you have the Right to say something, doesn't mean you shouldn't pick a better time and place.

'Nuff said.

Today, TheHusband and I (well, mostly me) have invited ourselves over to the house of a friend of ours (whom I mention on this blog a lot, actually). He was recently broken up with (huh?) and is a bit broken hearted. Nothing he can't get over, but, you all remember the feeling, right? (SIDENOTE I never did like the other guy, shhhhh don't tell anyone!)

So, our friend has a pool. We'll bring the ribs (our friend LOVES the way I cook ribs), the corn-on-the-cob (insert gay-themed joke here), and the dessert (Red/White/Blue fruity whipped-creamy goodness). Someone needs to provide the Coronas. I have a Key Lime tree in the back yard, so I've got that covered, too.

I know, I know. Corona is a Mexican beer. I don't care. It's what I like with Lobster, All-You-Can-Eat Crab feasts, and holidays at the house.

5 Comments:

Blogger Brettcajun said...

Happy 4th of July! :)

By the way, you are now added on my blogroll. I had you on before, but I must have deleted you because your blog was dead for a month or something (the only time I delete blogs off my blogroll). So, you are back again!

7/04/2006 9:19 AM  
Blogger The Maiden Metallurgist said...

I am sooo jealous. Sounds like a feast.

7/04/2006 4:38 PM  
Blogger The Health-Bound Chicagoan said...

Sounds delicious! Happy Independence Day to you too :)

7/04/2006 5:53 PM  
Blogger DanNation said...

Sounds like a great feast...I got hungry reading it!

Happy 4th!

7/04/2006 8:08 PM  
Blogger Steve said...

Hope you guys had a great holiday weekend.

7/05/2006 9:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home