Friday, June 23, 2006

Doctor Visit... June 2006

Yesterday, I returned. Not bad, but not great, either.

T-Cell count: Up to 212. Yay for me.

Viral Load: Also up, to 1018. Bad news, but not insurmountable. Doc thinks that I may have been having a bad day, or I could be starting to resist one or two of the meds that I've been on for a while (before and after the self-imposed med-holiday). We did another VL test yesterday, and in three weeks if it's higher, we'll do a Genome test to try and figure it out, possibly changing my meds. I'm thinking that going to the shots is a possibility. Yuck.

BP: Way up. She took it three times before finding something low enough to put into the record.

Weight: The same. Stupid scale.

I did mention that I've noticed that EVERYONE lately has had a higher Viral load, and asked about that. He said that they've changed the test, making it different. This calls into question all those months (years?) of undetectable tests we've all been given. Of course, alot of the bloggers that have noticed this do not go to the same lab, so they should ask about this too.
--
I think I'm coming out of my funk. It's a depression I've been under, more than your standard funk. Usually, once I realize what it is, I can work on it and get over it. My mantra is that I don't want to take another pill (for depression), so that reminds me. I think I'll be fine.

On that note, thanks to Gina (again), Steve, and Joel (who doesn't seem to have a blog).

5 Comments:

Blogger Jack said...

Hi Mikell!

I do now. Been posting for 2 days now. lol

Really good to hear from you.

I missed you.

Take care Mik.

Remember to have fun!

J

6/23/2006 8:02 AM  
Blogger Spider said...

Glad to see you are back and hanging around and accepting comments! My trip to I-Drive with ColaBoy was a last minute, decided at 4:30PM thing... had earlier plans been made, of course we would have gotten in touch with you - the next time we do it, we are expecting you to join us!

Take care!

6/23/2006 8:26 AM  
Blogger The Health-Bound Chicagoan said...

Yay! You're back! Thanks for your thanks!

I like your mantra . . . it's a very practical way of looking at things. Besides, bouts of depression often clear up on their own, especially if you have good support systems (sounds like you do) and are consciously able to address your feelings (sounds like you are). For some people, though, if it lasts too long and significantly affects your life, I wouldn't completely avoid meds and therapy. I think it's all about quality of life.

FYI - I DO care about what you have to say. Last week, I was thinking about cutting down my blog-reading to only those blogs of people I know in real life. But, even though I don't know you in real life, you would've definitely stayed at the top of my list of blogs to read. I really do enjoy reading about what's on your mind.

Welcome back!

6/23/2006 11:01 AM  
Blogger Steve said...

That funk thing seems to be going around. I kinda feel it, but I have so much going on down here, I haven't let it get me... yet! Glad you're feeling better. Have an outstanding weekend.

6/23/2006 11:34 AM  
Blogger Mike said...

Thanks to all of you.

I've updated the post, Joel, to add a link to your blog.

And Gina, and Steve, I understand the difference. I have been on TWO meds for depression before. I understand it (in my case) is caused by the HIV and subsequent medicines that I take for the HIV, so the last time I "got over it" was to stop taking the meds altogether. Of course, I was up to 14 different meds (not pills, that was more) per day. I don't want to get that bad again.

So the mantra is the thing.

6/23/2006 9:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home