Monday, October 23, 2006

Weekend Warriors

Saturday, TheHusband started clearing out the garage, to make room for the freezer we bought a few weeks ago. Now I figure you might be wondering if I helped him, aren't you? Well, in a word, no. It wasn't my shit. He took two loads to a storage unit, and one to the landfill. I would have taken it all to the landfill.

Besides, knowing that we had plans for brunch on Sunday, I had to get some of my Sunday Chores (TM) done. So I started on laundry. Until I got bored with it and stopped. Funny how the interest I have in doing laundry lasts about as long as it takes to get MY laundry clean... as once I start on TheHusband's, I pick up a book, put in a DVD, or just flip through the 74 channels on this cable system. Note to self: get a cable box for more options.

Sunday, TheHusband and I met Spider and Sorted for brunch. We sat outside this week, but so did some young couple with four, count 'em, FOUR, stair step little girls. Obviously, they've been using the Rhythm Method of birth control.

After a walk around Lake Eola, and more conversation, TheHusband and I headed back to the house. He went back out to the garage (I have no idea what he was doing) and I took a nap.

About two hours later, I began dinner. I made some Cuban Black Bean Soup (Mikell's version), Beef BBQ Ribs, and corn-on-the-cob. It was the first time I'd made the soup, and the reason it was "my" version is because TheHusband has pilfered some of the ingredients over the last week, so I had to make substitutions. It was still quite yummy.

How's this for extremes? Yesterday we hit record highs in the 90's. Tomorrow, we'll hit record lows in the 40's.

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Spider said...

Sounds like Sunday AM was the highlight of your week... we hope you two make it an every week thing!

10/23/2006 10:48 AM  
Blogger Tony said...

Geez...no one invited me for DINNER. That sounded yummy. Does "S" ever NOT have a prject. LMAO. Boy those temps seem like opposite extremes for Florida, in particular the 40s temp!

10/23/2006 11:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes Tony, TheHusband loves, Loves, LOVES his projects. Too bad he never finishes them.

I have the evidence, if'n you don't believe me.

10/23/2006 8:19 PM  
Blogger Lemuel said...

Its sounds like there is an amiable division of labor in your house.

10/24/2006 6:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home