Saturday, March 04, 2006

No new tires.

I need new tires for my car, but didn't get them today.

I called a store over in Castleberry wondering if they had any openings for eye exams today. They did. I scheduled one for me and one for TheHusband. It's been a while for both of us. The headaches have not been as bad, but still, I needed to try this before I let them scan my brain with radars to find out what was wrong.

We arrived a 1/2 hour early and were greeted enthusiastically. Scary. It was like going into a CeCe's Pizza.

So we both had our eyes checked. My vision had gotten better in my bad eye. Good news.

So I picked out glasses. The only ones I liked were not on "special". Figures. The young man helping us said it would take a three to five days to get them. Fine, I asked that they take my current glasses (also), and replace the lenses with the new 'script. They'd be ready in about two hours. TheHusband's glasses would also be ready in about two hours. He, of course, needs (ahem...) bifocals.

So we left to get some lunch. Then we went to a furniture store that was supposed to be discounted. It wasn't. Then to the Pottery Barn. I had not realized it was a store for discontinued (KMart and other stores) items and irregulars. We bought a set of sheets and a new summer bed quilt. Then on to Blockbuster, where we rented "Rent" and two gay-themed movies that I can't think of the names of. I pointed out to TheHusband that the clerk would figure us out right away...

So after we got home, I washed the sheets and the bedspread, after checking the instructions. The bedspread ripped apart in the washer.

Also, I got a call from the eyeglass superstore. My expensive glasses were ready. Now, THAT's customer service. We'll go back tomorrow, pick up my new glasses and return the bedspread. Funny. We bought the sheets to match the bedspread, because we liked IT so much, but won't be replacing it.

Right now I'm watching "Scary Movie 3" on TNT. I hadn't seen it before, and am laughing my ass off.

I love spoof movies. "Date Movie" anyone?
___

UPDATE: While watching this, I saw a preview for Scary Movie 4.

I can't wait.

2 Comments:

Blogger Kevin said...

There's a Discount Pottery Barn in town? I'm confused. Where?

3/06/2006 2:30 PM  
Blogger Mike said...

I'm not sure it's a "discount" Pottery Barn. I think they ALL are discount.

And, BTW, it was the one in Castleberry.

3/06/2006 8:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home