Monday, August 29, 2005

I know of a couple that broke up...

... after being together for seven plus years.

They argued all the time. They never seemed to get along. So they split up in January. Once the decision was made, it seemed to make them both relax. The decision was made just after Christmas 2000.

In January 2001, they both notified their families. "M" made arrangements to move out, and asked "S" to buy him out of the house they'd purchased. "S" rented a truck and helped "M" move into his new apartment. They gave away their dog, and split up their four cats, two each.

They talked to each other on the phone at least once a week. They saw each other at their favorite hole-in-the-wall, especially since "M" was working at said hole-in-the-wall. The way they felt about each other, other than the anger, hadn't changed. "M" couldn't stand it if anyone hurt "S", and the other way around.

For the first time since they had known each other, "S" sent "M" flowers for his birthday. Then, the bad thing happened.

"M"s father died. Someone who cared about them equally as "sons". Even though "S" was "divorced" from the family, they didn't treat him that way.

The only thing that kept "M" going throughout that period of time was "S". He had reminded "M" that "S" really was his best friend, regardless of the situation.

Right after that, "M" lost his job. He looked and looked and looked. Nothing turned up. He was working, part time, running his Father's company, but that wasn't going to pay the bills, since his step-mother had control.

When it got to be too much for "M" to handle, it was "S" that he went to. And eventually, "M" moved back into the house.

When that happened, the two decided to get back together after six months apart. They both realized that together they could do and handle anything that came their way.

Whether you've figured it out or not, I am talking about me and TheHusband. I am a big grudge holder. Don't fuck with TheHusband. Sure, he'll forgive you, but my friend, I will not.

We have now been together for over 13 years total. I have mentioned that I cannot imagine how I would have gotten through the last decade of my life without him. He is my rock, and my savior. I love him desperately. Could our relationship be better? Of course it could. But the basics are there. Don't fuck with us, and don't fuck with him. You do not want me on your bad side.

There is another blogger that I read (every day, if not twice or more) who has recently said that he and his other half have split up. They say that they are still good friends, and I believe them (considering my own history), but what I'm hoping is that they will come to the same realization that TheHusband and I did.

I wish them luck.

2 Comments:

Blogger Pookie65 said...

True love conquers all. It is so true.

8/30/2005 7:42 PM  
Blogger Bruce said...

Sometimes people you love surprise you.

9/13/2005 1:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home