Thursday, July 13, 2006

Doctor Visit... July 2006

Eh. Turns out, the doctor forgot to call.

While I showed up 1/2 hour early for my appointment (BTW, I only had to have my BP tested twice to get it low enough to be recorded- yay me!), the person I was meeting (the pharmacist) did not. She came to get me 1/2 hour late.

Do people who are late realize how fucking annoying this is? I have a life. I would like to live it. Stop fucking with my life. I am not paid a gazillion dollars a year. In fact, I only make a few dollars an hour, and if I'm not at work, I make nothing. Zero. Bupkis. Nada. Zip. Zilch.

Anyway... my Viral Load came down. Crashing down. From 1018 last time to 218 this time. I said something about the Doc would call if it was good news and I wouldn't have to show up today, but she brushed it off saying he's still under the weather and forgot. She apologized for him. Whatever.

My weight: The same. I STILL hate that stupid scale.

Also noted: My bad cholesterol is record breaking low, and my good cholesterol is record breaking high. The gods were good to me here.

Yes, I gloated to TheHusband. He takes both Niasin and Fluvastatin for his cholesterol. They turn him pink.

8 Comments:

Blogger The Health-Bound Chicagoan said...

To steal your words . . . Yay for YOU!! Despite the annoying wait and forgetful doctor, I'm so glad you received good news!

Now, back to unpacking my toys . . . ;)

7/13/2006 10:48 PM  
Blogger Tom said...

VERY Yay for you! I left out the part in my story where The Ex saw his cardiologist yesterday. His cholesterol jumped despite the Lipitor. I swear I only snickered inside my head.

7/14/2006 12:17 AM  
Blogger Jack said...

Great mews Mik!

Be nice to hubby.

7/14/2006 9:53 AM  
Blogger cola boy said...

Wonderful news!

7/14/2006 6:47 PM  
Blogger Spider said...

EXCELLENT NEWS! Glad to hear it!

7/15/2006 3:44 PM  
Blogger TOS said...

Great news!

Of course I don't want to put your BP up but if YOU were late for an appt they would levy a missed appt or late fee but when they're late... but I digress...

7/16/2006 8:31 PM  
Blogger Mike said...

Absolutely right, TOS. Well, sort of. At the VA, they can't. But they CAN make me wait an additional three hours while they try to "fit me in" between people who DID show up on time.

7/17/2006 7:03 PM  
Blogger Nick Moretti said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I know how great it feels to hear good news on your recent labs.

7/19/2006 4:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home