Thursday, July 20, 2006

You're the what?

Stop it.

Really.

My job is to show up at the office everyday.

I am... the Office Administrator.

No. Strike that. I am...

Administrative Coordinator.

dun - Dun - DUN!!!!!

I type. I answer the phone. I update calendars.

I coordinate... stuff.

Really, I do.

Lately, after the big office move, I have begun to wonder what my function was.

"Mikell, the air conditioner doesn't seem to be working."

"Mikell, the toilet in the men's room is leaking."

"Mikell, there are no exhaust fans in the restrooms."

"Mikell, there is no hot water in the building."

"Mikell, it's raining outside, and there is water leaking in the ceiling."

"Mikell, is the building manager aware at how much water is leaking from the toilet in the bathroom? That would be QUITE a lawsuit if someone slipped, you know."

"Mikell, it is raining outside, and there is water coming in under the front/back door(s)."
--
That last one was the final straw.

I reached into my desk drawer and pulled out my job description. Then I flung it at my supervisor and said, "Where on here does it say Facilities Manager?"

He looked at it as he laughed.
--
The company has recently decided to do ALL employee reviews during the summer, as it is our "off season".

I better get a raise like I did last year.

3 Comments:

Blogger Steve said...

That sounds like me at my old job, but you wanna know the fucked-up part? They STILL keep trying to call me with their nonsense. (I don't answer, or return the calls hoping they'll finally give up.)

7/21/2006 6:07 AM  
Blogger Spider said...

When you are compentent they think you do everything...

7/21/2006 8:39 AM  
Blogger TOS said...

I am done as the Admin/Budget Mgr for dept on Friday and it can't come a day sooner!

7/26/2006 12:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home